THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Book Title: Every Goose Thinks His Wife is a Duck
Author: Robert Sullivan
Publisher: The Irish Letter
ISBN: 9781466493131

“Walls for the wind,
And a roof for the rain,
And drinks beside the fire --
Laughter to cheer you
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire!"     Irish Blessing

I am a quote junky. Anyone who has ever read my other book reviews know this. I start each review I write with, what I feel, a related quote. That being said, when I was given the opportunity to review this green gem of a book, I was ecstatic to say the lest. This book is filled with quotes, proverbs, adages, and sayings written by the Irish or other persons who wish they were. Who knew so many Irish were so humorous and witty even during of the worst times they could have experienced in Ireland. It is like a history lesson in the highs and lows of Irish living and how resilient a people were and still are. I was pleasantly surprised with some of the quotes from and/or about the musicians, authors and actors from Ireland. The author took painstaking time and energy to compile such a wonderful array that you do not have to be Irish to enjoy. From Irish Philosophy to Writer’s Block and so many other topics in between. Though it is a thin book, it is filled with great lore to be read over and over again.

I know I will be reading this book off and on again through the rest of my years, and I hope it will be handed down to the next generation to enjoy the awesomeness of being Irish.

0 comments: