THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 23, 2014



 22858974

Book Title: Colster’s Branch
Author: Robert L. Hay
Publisher: Createspace Independent Publishing
ISBN: 9781500467029
Reviewed by Michele Tater for The Couch Tater Review

“You should not see the desert simply as some faraway place of little rain. There are many forms of thirst." William Langewiesche

What evil lurks in the desert that surrounds the tiny town of Closter’s Branch. What is happening to the children of the townsfolk, who or what is taking them. Even though the answers are right in front of Sheriff Abraham Stone, it only appears in his nightmares and strange visions. The law can not be based on dreams and mirages. He knows he needs proof and fast before more go missing. How? Oh, I will not tell, you know the drill, you have to read it yourself to find out.

I took this book with me on a recent trip on a plane to Richmond, Virginia to first my oldest son and I was wishing that the flight was longer. I didn’t think that I would enjoy a story of terror set in a western time frame, but I was pleasantly surprise. I won’t have given it the time of day if I had know before hand the details, fortunately, I try not to read too much about a book before I read it for reviewing purposes.

Written with the grit of the desert sands and the toughness of the old west itself. It is the first book of a planned series of books, so there is more to come...which I am looking forward to reading.

0 comments: